By the Gracious Vegan
This is a veganized version of a recipe by the great Mollie Katzen. The original was from her cookbook for kids and their helpers, Salad People & More Real Recipes. This recipe works every time, and guests always want the recipe.
Makes 4 generous servings
Process each ingredient separately in the food processor using the regular blade to get a small but not pulverized texture. Put together in a large bowl.
- 1.5 cup (packed) shredded green cabbage
- 1.5 cup (packed) shredded red cabbage
- ½ small red bell pepper
- ½ small yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium carrot
- ½ cup black or golden raisins
Combine these separately for the dressing (use fork or small whisk to combine)
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plain almond or soy yogurt, or vegan sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
Stir dressing into the slaw and either enjoy immediately or refrigerate for later.
Timing: Under 30 minutes
Nutrition: Mostly whole-food