By the Gracious Vegan
This chutney is super-flavorful. Packed with cilantro and mint, it makes a big impact on breads, appetizers, roasted vegetables, or just spooned out of the container into your mouth! It has a great sweet-sour thing going on with the dates and onions. You can control the spiciness with the number of peppers and whether you de-seed and de-vein them.
Makes about 1.75 cups
In a food processor or blender, add these and combine into a paste.
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves, packed
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves, packed
- 2 dates, chopped (or 2 Tablespoons chopped dates, or 1 Tablespoon date sugar) (soften date pieces in hot water for a few minutes if they are hard; drain)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, deseeded and deveined (unless you like it HOT)
- Juice of 1 small/medium lemon
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- ¼ cup ground almonds or dry coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
Then add water and process until blended
- 3/8 cup water
Transfer to a container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Timing: About 15 minutes
Nutrition: 100% whole-food, unprocessed ingredients