By The Blender Girl
GV comments: This really is a versatile cream. It can function like a cross between yogurt and whipped cream. It's easy to make and delicious. The breakfast parfaits I served last Christmas morning using this cream were the highlight of the meal. You can
- Use it in breakfast fruit-and-granola parfaits
- Use in smoothies if you need a thick liquid to balance out the other ingredients
- Dollop it on top of pies, cakes, ice cream, and puddings
- Mix it with (or spoon it on top of) diced, sauteed, or grilled fruit for dessert
- Use it as a dip for cookies, biscotti, or chunks of cake
Time: The cashews have to soak for two hours, but after that it's just a matter of a few minutes.
Affordability: The raw cashews are the only thing you'll need to make sure you have on hand.
Nutrition: Mostly whole-food (and a lot better for you than yogurt or whipped cream)