Sometimes it’s hard to think of complementary dishes for a satisfying meal, especially if you’re new to meatless cooking. Here are two ideas for your consideration. They work at our house.
If you have 4 or more people (and this is good for a crowd), consider serving this meal buffet-style. Set up the dishes on a counter, and everyone can walk by and take as much or as little as they want, constructing their own unique combination of ingredients.
- A big platter of roasted vegetables (see Guide to Roasting Vegetables or Lori's Montreal Roasted Vegetables)
- If desired, some raw toppings too, like chopped fresh spinach or very thinly sliced green cabbage
- A serving bowl full of pasta (just cooked pasta, not with sauce)
- Gracious Vegan Creamy Tomato Sauce or Vegan Rose Sauce or Creamy Roasted Tomato Vodka Sauce
- Spinach Salad with Curry Dressing
- Dessert: Cookie Dough Truffles Vegan Gluten-Free
Thai One On
Here’s the way we eat Thai curry--a bit of fusion going on with Chinese-inspired spring rolls, but it works.