By the Gracious Vegan
I don’t know exactly where I found the original version of this recipe. I see that a similar recipe appears in Private Collections: Recipes from the Junior League of Palo Alto, but there are some differences. This always pleases, no matter where I take it. Don’t skip the dry vermouth in the dressing—it is crucial for the unique taste.
- One bag baby spinach (8-10 oz.)
- 1 green apple, diced
- ⅓ cup peanuts or walnuts, toasted
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ½ bunch scallions, white and green parts, sliced thin
Make the dressing. You can just shake these ingredients together, but I prefer using an immersion blend with a narrow container – blend all the ingredients except the oil, then stream in the oil slowly and thinly with the blender on, and you’ll get a nice thick dressing.
- 2 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon dry vermouth
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon sugar or agave nectar
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil