Hack and Hold Technique
It’s pretty common knowledge that broccoli is incredibly good for you (immune system, brain, eyes, cancer-prevention and treatment). But I didn’t know till now that if you cut up your broccoli then immediately cook it, you destroy an enzyme that enables the powerful nutrient sulforaphane to do its work. Best to “hack and hold” if possible—cut it up at least 40 minutes before cooking. More by Dr. Greger of Nutritionfacts.org here.
Recipes with Broccoli
- 5 Ingredient Coconut Curry
- Baked Vegan Bubble And Squeak
- Broccoli Rabe or Mustard Greens Stir Fry
- Candle-Cafe-Inspired Stir-Fry
- Cheesy Vegan Potato and Broccoli Gratin